Tuesday, December 11, 2012

End of Semester Eval

One semester down, a lot more to go.

What a crazy first semester of college it's been. First I was going to be in Austria all year
then some how ended up in Ames! The plans of me being a missionary this year in a completely different
country were set a side for bit while God did work in my life here.

                    Moving to Ames was probably the last thing I really wanted to do but somehow it turned out alright.I was able to meet and live with Rachel who's actually the craziest person I know. She's awesome! We started running together at the beginning of the semester and we also decided that when we get bored Dairy Queen blizzards are the only remedy. Living with Tori again has been great as well. We've gotten closer and just been able to open up with each other quite a bit. Sharing a bunk bed isn't bad at all actually; especially when she's trying to go to bed and I try to scare her...classic.
                 
 Teshia Robinson and I have gotten involved with Cornerstone Church and I absolutely love it. The worship there is amazing and they always have great speakers's. Through that I was able to get into a connection group and it is amazing! The girls in my group have taught me a lot and the leaders are a tremendous blessing in my life.

My job is way better now then it was at the beginning of the semester. At first I hated my co-workers and thought the way this store was ran was just the worst but after a couple of months of getting use to it, it's probably one of the best Fareway's in the company. In October my boss asked me if I have ever considered being a manager and I said yes. Then and there he offered me a full time position and an opportunity to be in the management program.  I took it and got a significant raise and benefits. I now have health insurance! Working full time and taking 11 credits wasn't too bad this year, let's hope it stays that way next semester. Being able to make some money, pay off school and not be in debt is a great feeling.

I've been reading the book of Ecclesiastes and it pretty much sums up my semester and what I've learn
                   

                          'I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward of all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.'  Ecclesiastes 2: 10-11

I could work and work and achieve goals that I set but it's all meaningless if my God isn't the center of all of it.  So my prayer for next semester is that I won't get caught up in the things of this world but the things of heaven.













No comments:

Post a Comment