Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Being Satisfied



A few weeks ago I went to a Tenth Avenue North concert with a couple of friends in Clear Lake.
(totally sweet concert by the way)
As an intro to one of their songs they brought of a verse that's been stirring in my mind for the last couple of weeks - Psalm 90:14
It goes like this: ' Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love; that we may sing for joy and be glad all of our days.' 
Now think about that.
What does it mean to be satisfied by Gods love? 
Maybe being consumed with the fact that some body is crazy in love with you and that He's the God of everything? Or not looking for love in other people, places or things? Or knowing that you've been forgiven from that sin you thought no one could forgive you for?


I've been trying to pray this every morning but sometimes it's just hard. 
It's hard to put down the things that I want to satisfy me and let God be the one to do it.
I mean come on, my friends, family, job, social life, money, and things can do the same thing God does right? Some days it feels like they can but eventually the are going to leave me disappointed and alone. 


Satisfy means to...
fulfill the desires, expectations, needs or demands of a person
 give full contentment
 put an end to -
 give assurance to


When I pray ' God will you be the only thing that I look to to fill me up today' it allows for Him to be able to do His work through me. If I abandon all my selfish desires first thing every morning, I can only imagine how God will begin to use me. 
If everyone prayed and meant this every morning what would our school, church, community and country look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment