Sunday, May 27, 2012

Give Me Rest

About 3 months out and this is what I've been learning...
God is big
My plans aren't His
He knows what will happen
He's obviously teaching me something
I can't do this myself

These things He's teaching me aren't easy; not knowing what will happen in 3 months scares me so much and the fact that God knows...honestly? It makes me a little mad sometimes. After so many times of having to rely fulling on God, you'd think that I'd learn that He knows what's He's doing right? NOPE. I'm dumb and un-trusting of the one who planned out my life before I was even born.

Lately the book of Psalm has been speaking to my heart and uplifting me.

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
-Psalm 9:10
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation 
- Psalm 13: 5

Encouraging.

This weekend I listened to a speaker at Hidden Acres and she was telling a story about how when she asks students about there relationship with God they respond with 'I could do better.'

My first reaction was 'what's wrong with that?'

They could do better...
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9

It's not about us doing better, it's about us resting in His love, His grace, mercy and forgiveness. That hit me because I have the same reaction. I always want to be a better Christian by doing good things and trying to be a better person- but it starts with me realizing that I need to fall back on Christ.

Over and out.


2 comments: